Here's how you can use the Logic tool to add scores to answers or total up prices when creating quizzes, shopping baskets or order forms.
To add a calculation:
1. Here is a Number question, asking how many of something someone wants.
Let's say each unit costs 5$, so I want the answer to this question to be multiplied by 5. Click Logic, then Advanced, and finally Branching and calculations:
2. A new window will open:
To add a calculation, click Add logic:
3. Now click the If dropdown menu, and select Always.
4. Now click the Select... dropdown menu, which will show the calculation functions available: Add, Divide, Subtract or Multiply.
Here we'll choose Multiply. Now we can choose our multiplication from the drop down menus. We will multiply the SCORE variable by the answer to the question "How many would you like?".
If you're using a Payment question, you will probably want to use the @price variable instead.
Click Save to finish setting up your calculation.
You can create as many Variables for your typeform as you want. This article explains more.
5. You can also choose to Divide, which looks like this:
6. When you choose Add or Subtract, the calculation changes as follows:
Note! Calculations with Always conditions are executed when the typeform loads, not when respondents reach a question with calculations. For example, if you choose to always add an amount to the price variable, the variable is populated before respondents answer the given question. To avoid this, we recommend adding If conditions to calculations. This way the calculations are only executed when respondents reaches the question.
7. Changing the Always dropdown to If lets you create calculations for specific answers.
For example, here, if someone answers 10, I want to add 7 to the score. I might do this if I want to give people a discount for buying larger amounts, for example.
You can also add calculations to Logic conditions. For example, here is a Multiple Choice question. If someone chooses Car, then I want to add 50,000 to SCORE:
When you’ve finished adding calculations to a question, remember to hit Save, and you'll be returned to the Create panel to continue building your typeform.