I you're using the Classic builder, you can find that article here.
Welcome to Typeform! It’s an easy-to-use tool for collecting data, feedback, and more. We want to make data collection as easy and conversational as possible – this article shows you the basics.
1. First up, you’ll need a free Typeform account. Here’s how to set one up.
2. Log in to your account, and you’ll land in your Workspace. We’re going to build a typeform from scratch. Hit the New Typeform button:
3. Now you’ll see some suggested templates for you. Ignore those for now, and click Start from scratch:
4. Now we can start building. Click the + button to choose your first question. A drop-down menu will appear, where you can scroll through all the question types we offer.
5. I want to make a simple contact form, so I’ll start with a Short text question, to ask for people’s names. As you type in your question, you’ll see what your typeform will look like:
6. To move on to your next question, click the + symbol.
If you want to duplicate or delete your questions, click the three dots icon:
Let’s choose a Multiple Choice question. I want to ask people how they are feeling. To make it more personal, I’ll use the name they entered in the previous question.
Type in your question, and where you want to use the name from question 1, just type an @ symbol. This will allow you to recall information from another question in your typeform. Here we just have one option “Hi, what’s your name”. Click that and it will appear in your question:
7. I’ll finish up this simple typeform with a Long Text question, where people can write me a message. Click + and choose Long Text from the question list. Type in your question, and we’re done!
Your typeform is now ready to share!
By default, when you hit Publish, anyone with the URL can now see it.
You can test your typeform using the View button. Click this, and a preview of your creation will pop up:
You can now try out your typeform:
To close it, click the back arrow in the top left corner.
Note! Make sure to send respondents a link to the published version of your form. The URLs of the preview and published versions are different, and you can only collect results for published typeforms.
1. Use + to add a new question, or hit Enter for a new option for multiple choice, dropdown etc questions.
2. You can add a new line to your question text by hitting Enter, or you can also use the description field for additional information:
3. To use Recall information, just type in an @ symbol, and a menu will appear with all the information you can add to your text:
4. To use emoji, tap CTRL, CMD and SPACE (or WIN + . on Windows) to bring up a menu to choose from:
Click the emoji you want, and it will appear in your text.
Note! The emoji you see will depend on what is installed on your computer.
5. To use Bold or Italic or add a hyperlink, highlight the text you want, and you’ll see a new menu:
To use bold or italic, simply click the B or i symbol.
6. To add a hyperlink, click the link symbol, then paste or type in the URL you want to use:
Press Enter to create your hyperlink.
Tips! You can create a clickable email link using this URL tool. Instead of pasting a URL above,
type “mailto:[email protected]”. Replace the [email protected] with the address you want to point to.
Now when people click your text, they’ll be able to send you an email.
7. Now you’ll see that your text looks like a hyperlink:
On your live typeform, your text will now look like a hyperlink, and the URL will open in a new tab in respondent’s browsers:
Note! You can add formatting to any question, Welcome or Thank You screen.
The only place we don’t support formatting is in Multiple Choice, Picture Choice and Dropdown choices.
Typeforms have an Autosave feature, so your work is saved automatically. When you've finished building a typeform, click Publish to make it 'live', so you can share it online.
If you want to edit your typeform after publishing it, we have you covered. You can make changes to your typeform, and they will be saved automatically. But the changes will not appear on your live typeform until you click Publish again. Find out more.