Want an easy way to share the results of your typeform? Head to your Response summary, and you’ll find a beautifully presented, automatically generated report you can share with ease. You can even print it out if you like!
Where to find your report
1. Open your typeform from your Workspace, and click on the Results panel, and then Summary.
2. Now click Generate a report.
3. A new screen will open, where you can see and share your report:
You can view and scroll through your report on the right – this is what people will see when you share it.
You can keep your report private with the Access toggle. By default it's on, so people can see your report, and you can turn it off at any time. Click the green button next to Enable link to toggle your report on and off.
Note! Question Group headers and Statements are not shown in the report.
4. When scrolling through your report, click Show question or Hide question to select which questions you want to include.
5. Show answers to open-ended questions in your report, such as Short and Long text questions, by clicking the toggle on the left:
Turning this on adds a new panel to your report, one for each open ended question, where you can scroll through all your responses:
Click the arrows to view different responses.
6. Apply design settings by clicking the toggle. This will apply your same fonts and colors that you chose for your typeform.
Note! Reports do not currently support Background images, so be aware the color of your report’s background can be set in the Design section of the Create panel.
7. Click the Add Cover and Logo buttons to upload images and create a fully customized report like the one below:
Tip! For your cover image, we recommend dimensions of 1920px by 500px. For logos, 144px by 144px, although any square image up to 2MB will work.
Use the Remove button to delete or replace the images you uploaded.
8. To share your report, click the Copy button to copy the URL of this report to your clipboard. Anyone you share this link with will now be able to see your report.
These reports work the same way as typeforms: they can be accessed in a web browser on any device with an internet connection – provided you have the URL.
The URL of the report has a Unique ID (a randomly generated string of characters). By default, only those with editing rights to the typeform itself have access to this URL. This means that your respondents don’t automatically have access to your results. You’ll need to share the link to your report to make it publicly available.
Note! Anyone with the URL of the report can view it in a web browser. Depending on the sensitivity of the data you collected, be careful when sharing the report URL with others. Remember this can be further distributed and the report can be accessed by anyone who has the link.
Note! You cannot access your reports if your typeform is in Private mode. If you downgrade or cancel your subscription, you will no longer be able to generate reports of forms with paid features that are not included in your plan. If you still want to generate a report, you'll have to remove paid features from your typeform first.
9. Click the Print report link, and a new tab will open in your browser with a minimalist black and white version of your report that’s perfect for effective printing:
Here’s what it looks like:
Note! We don’t include open-ended questions in the Report print out.
How to share your report
– Send the link in an email
– Share your Report on social media sites
– Embed it in your blog or webpage. Follow the instructions in this article and just grab the embed code from the Share panel.
Note! Make sure you replace the typeform URL inside the code with the report URL!
Tip! If you are running a poll, you may want to show respondents live results. To do this simply use a customized Thank You Screen to direct your audience to the report, or use redirect on completion.
Share your report via your Ending Screen. There are two ways to do this:
- Add the URL of the report to the text of your Ending Screen
- Use the redirect button on the Ending Screen for the same purpose.
Schedule regular email reports
You can schedule regular reports, and receive them via email, using Digest by Zapier. Read our complete instructions to setting it up for your typeforms.