Here's how you can create outcome quizzes - for example, Which Star Wars Character are you? or Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
For a quiz like this, we create a series of questions, and then based on the answers given, people will see a different ending that suits their answers. You can think of it like a quick way of saying "people who answer mostly B are X kind of people"
For this example, we'll create a simple personality quiz. First we'll write our questions and endings, then link them together.
Write your questions and link them to endings:
1. Click New typeform:
2. The builder will open like this, with a Multiple Choice question ready to go. Click where it says Your question here.., and you can write in your first question text.
You can then click on the description to add some question instructions (eg "choose one"), and then click on the choices, to add your answer text. It should look something like this:
3. Hover your mouse over your question and click the Multiple Choice box:
Here you can access Settings to make your question required and more:
You can click the > next to Multiple Choice, to change your question type:
4. Now we'll add another question to our quiz. Click the + button on the left side panel:
This will bring up a list of question types you can use. Scroll to find the one you want. I'm going to add a Picture Choice question:
5. As above, you can now write in your question and answer text. As it's a Picture Choice, you can choose an image for each answer, by clicking on the choices. This will bring up our image library tool, which you can read about here.
Here you can see I have created two picture choices:
For this simple quiz, I'm just going to add one more Multiple Choice question, and then move on to creating my Endings:
6. You'll have one Ending ready, so click on that, and then edit the text just like you do with the questions above. After this, click the + button to add another Ending.
7. My simple quiz will have two endings, one that says You're an extrovert, and another that says You're an introvert:
8. Now it's time to link the answers to the Endings. In my case, I want the answers that relate to extroverts to link to the extrovert ending, and the introvert answers to the introvert ending.
Click the Logic, and then Outcome quiz:
9. You'll see this panel, showing your Endings:
Click Choose Answers under each ending, and choose the answers which relate to each Ending:
In this case, the answers Dogs, festivals and loving public speaking will link to Looks like you're an extrovert, while the others link to Seems like you're an introvert.
10. Once you've linked your answers and endings, click Save.
Your quiz is working! Click the eye button at the top of the builder to open a preview and test out your quiz:
If you're happy with how the quiz works, don't forget you can customize the design of your Typeform. Here's how.