If you're using the Classic builder, you can find that article here.
When making changes to a typeform that’s already live (collecting responses), here are a few guidelines we recommend you follow.
How to edit a live typeform safely
By default, you'll have to hit the Publish button to make changes in your typeform public. This means that people won't see that you're making live edits while creating your typeform.
But once your typeform is live and collecting responses, your edits might affect the results you've already collected.
You can do any of the following even while the form is live:
- Toggle the Multiple Selection button
- Change the design
- Correct a typo
- Add/remove images or videos
- Add/remove or move question fields
- Hide a question field with Branching and calculations: add Logic to the previous question and set “ALWAYS jump to <add the Question that follows the one you’d like to hide here>”.
Toggle the Multiple selection button
You can toggle the Multiple selection button on Picture Choice / Multiple Choice questions once you’ve collected results. However, if you do so you will see a warning, as this will delete results collected on that question forever!
If you want to use this toggle without losing results, you have two options. Export those results before they are lost, or duplicate your typeform and make changes to that one.
When creating a copy of your typeform only the structure will be duplicated, not the results. So you keep your results so far in the original typeform, and can edit and re-share the duplicated version to get more results.
Tips! You can add extra choices to your Multiple/Picture Choice question without losing any results. You will only lose results if you remove a choice from your question.
Delete a question or change question type
You can delete a question or an answer choice that has already collected responses, but you'll see the following warning message:
You can also change the question type of a question that has already collected responses, but you'll see the following warning message:
If you want to delete a question or an answer choice or change the question type of a question without losing results, you can export those results before they are lost, or duplicate your typeform and make changes to that one.
Add/remove or move question fields
If you’d like to add or remove questions that have already collected results, the best practice is to follow these steps:
1. Close your typeform so respondents cannot access it while you are doing maintenance work.
2. Export your results into an .XLS spreadsheet so you won’t lose them (if you remove questions, all results collected for that question will also be removed!).
3. Remove the data collected under the Results > Responses section – select all the answers then click the Delete button at the bottom.
4. Now you can make changes to the typeform’s questions and structure.
5. Remember to open your typeform again once you’ve applied the necessary changes!
Tips! You can test your typeforms without collecting responses by using the Live Preview panel in Create. This allows you to see how your typeform will work, without getting test results saved!