If you're using the Classic builder, you can find that article here.
You can add images and animated GIFs to your questions, as well as to the Welcome screen and the Thank You screen. This will help you to brand up your typeforms with your own logos, design and photography. Be creative, it will improve people’s experience of your typeform!
Here we explain how to add media to your typeforms, going through the process of inserting images, and animated GIFs.
There are two ways to add images to your typeform: using our integrated Unsplash-powered library, or uploading your own (see stage 4 below). You can also set how they look using our layouts feature.
1. Click on any question you want to add an image to, then click the Layout button:
2. This will open the Layouts menu. Click on any of the Layouts (you can change it at any time), then click on the Media Edit button, which will take you to the image library.
2. Now you can search for a picture via the Unsplash image library. Simply type in a search term, and scroll through the images until you find one you like. I’m looking for "kittens":
3. Click the image you want, then the Continue button will become available. Click this and go to stage 5, below, to edit your image.
4. To upload an image, or animated GIF, either click Upload, or drag and drop an image into the Upload field:
The images that you use on your typeforms must comply with the following specifications:
- File format: JPEG, PNG, static and animated GIF (typeforms supports PNG files with transparent backgrounds).
- File size: 4MB maximum.
Tips! All the images you find with the Unsplash image search tool are free to use however you like. You can use them for private or commercial purposes. You have a non-exclusive copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, and use photos from the library, without the need for permission or attribution to the photographer (though giving credit is always appreciated).
5. Now you can edit your image:
- You can crop your image by dragging the blue border around it to the size you want.
- You can also flip the image, or change its aspect ratio to suit your typeform.
- Under your image, there is a tool to rotate it. Drag it left or right until you're happy.
You can also change the image by adding a filter. Click the FILTERS tab, and browse until you find one you like:
Lastly, click COLORS and you can change the brightness, contrast and saturation of your chosen image:
Once you're happy with your image, hit Save, and you can decide on your image Layout.
6. There are seven layout options to choose from, you can click through them to find one that suits you:
Unsplash images come with an Alt text ready prepared. This helps people with impaired vision understand what is on the screen. You can add or edit the Alt text by typing into that field.
7. Click Edit to modify the image you added, or the bin icon to remove it.
When you're happy with your layout, you can just click outside the black menu to return to the create panel.
At any time you can click the Layout button and change or remove your images, GIFs or videos.