If you're using the Classic builder, you can find that article here.
Get your typeform off to a great start with a Welcome Screen. Like the cover of a book, you can use it to entice your audience with a nice image, explain the purpose of your typeform, who you are, and more.
1. To add a Welcome Screen to any typeform, open it from your Workspace, then click the Add button to open the question menu. At the top of this menu, you’ll see the Welcome Screen:
2. Click this icon and a welcome screen will be added to your typeform:
3. You can now add text to your Welcome Screen, by writing into the right hand panel (where it says Type welcome message here...). You can also write a description (it will appear blank if you write nothing).
You can edit the Start button by clicking the Welcome Screen button on the top right.
This brings up a menu allowing you to change the button text, up to 24 characters long:
If your typeform has Hidden Fields enabled, you can use Recall Information in your text to include information from them. So if you already know a respondent’s name, you can add it here. Type "@" to bring up a list of your Hidden Fields to choose from, and include in your text.
1. Click the Layout button:
2. This will open a new menu. Click the grey option:
3. Now you'll see a Media box appear with an example image:
4. Click the Media box to open the image/video tool:
Here you can search the Unsplash for free images you can use, browse our Icon library, or click UPLOAD to add your own image.
You can upload JPEG, PNG, static and animated GIFs. The maximum size is 4MB. The maximum width is 800 pixels – if your image is wider, it will be automatically resized to this.
Add a Background image
1. Click the droplet icon to open the design tool:
2. Now click the + button:
3. On the next menu, look for Background image, and click Add:
4. Now you'll see our image tool, where you can browse our libraries, or upload your own image:
This article explains everything you need to know about adding a Background image.
How to skip the Welcome Screen.
If you’re sharing your typeform in an email campaign or promotional article, you may want people to skip the Welcome Screen. You can do this while keeping the Welcome Screen live for other respondents.
To do this, just add the following string to the end of the typeform’s URL and… voilà! The Welcome Screen will be skipped.
Test it using this typeform:
If you are using Hidden Fields in your typeform, append the following string instead:
Use this annotated URL in your email, or shared on social media etc, wherever you want people to jump past the Welcome Screen.