Our new Quiz Builder lets you quickly and easily create outcome quizzes - for example, Which Star Wars Character are you? or Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
This is a beta product we're developing now. If you want to help us by testing it in your account, you can apply to our feature testing community here (say you want to test the Quiz Builder).
This product is in beta, so features might change!
We'd like you to play around with the builder as much as you want, but to get started, here's a guide to making a simple outcome quiz.
First we'll write our questions and endings, then link them together. After that we'll move onto design...
Write your questions and link them to endings
1. Click New Quiz:
2. The Quiz builder will open like this, with a Multiple Choice question ready to go. Click where it says Type question here, and you can write in your first question text:
3. You can then click on the description to add some question instructions, and then click in the choices, to add your answer text. It should look something like this:
4. Click the Multiple Choice box next to your question, and you can access Settings to make your question required and more:
Click the > next to Multiple Choice, and you can change your question type. Here's what's currently available:
5. Now we'll add another question to our quiz. Click the + button on the left side panel:
This will bring up a list of question types you can use. Click on the one you want. I'm going to add a Picture Choice question:
6. As above, you can now write in your question and answer text. As it's a Picture Choice, you can choose an image for each answer, by clicking on the choices. This will bring up our image library tool.
For this simple quiz, I'm just going to add one more Multiple Choice question, and then move on to creating my endings.
7. You'll have one ending ready, so click on that, and then edit the text just like you do with the questions above. Then click the + button to add another ending:
8. My simple quiz has two endings, one that says You're an extrovert, and another that says You're an introvert:
9. Now it's time to link the answers to the endings. In my case, I want the answers that relate to extroverts to link to the extrovert ending, and the introvert answers to the introvert ending.
Click the three dots icon next to any question, then click Link answers to endings:
10. You'll see this panel. Each of your endings is shown on the right. Click the dropdown menu in each one, then choose the answers that link to that ending:
In this case, the answers Dogs, festivals and loving public speaking will link to Looks like you're an extrovert, while the others link to Seems like you're an introvert.
11. Once you've linked your answers and endings, click Save.
Your quiz is now functional. Click the eye button at the top of the builder to open a preview and test out your quiz:
Now it's time to make your quiz look great!
Add design to your quiz
1. Click the droplet icon:
You can choose a theme from your typeform account, just scroll through and click on any you like, and you can see it in the preview immediately on the right:
Alternatively, click the artist icon to browse our theme template gallery:
Now you can scroll through our ready made themes:
Lastly, you can create a custom theme for your quiz by clicking the + icon:
When you're happy with your results, click Save as new theme.
Add images to individual questions
As well as adding a theme as above, you can add an image to every question in your quiz
Click Layout on the preview panel, when viewing a question:
The default layout is text-only. Click any other option, and you'll be able to add an image by clicking the Edit button in the Media box:
Your changes will appear immediatly in the live preview, so you can see exactly what each question will look like.
Click the cog wheel icon, which allows you to set the language of your quiz, and activate UTM source tracking:
Where to find your quiz results
When you want to find out how people answered your quiz, log in to your Typeform account, and open your quiz from your Workspace.
Now click on RESULTS, to see how your quiz has performed:
To see the spread of results for your endings, click on SUMMARY, and then scroll down until you see Endings: