If you're using Typeform's new builder, you can use Branching and calculations to tally up scores, add prices, and more. Learn more here.
Here's how you can use the Calculator tool to add scores to answers or total up prices when creating quizzes, shopping baskets or order forms.
To add a calculation:
1. Click the colored block icon to open Question settings, then the Calculator icon under your question. This will open the calculator editor.
2. On a Number question like this, the calculator will automatically be set up as above. This means the Score (or Price if you’re using a Payment question) will be multiplied by whatever number someone answers. This is a neat way to calculate price when you want to let people choose how many of something they want.
3. You can also choose to Divide, which looks like this:
4. When you choose Add or Subtract, the calculation changes as follows:
5. Changing the Always dropdown to If let’s you create calculations for specific answers.
For example, here, if someone answers 6, I want to add 10 to the score:
You can also use subtract, multiply or divide:
When you’ve finished adding calculations to a question, simply click the X in the upper right corner of the panel to close the tool, your calculations are automatically saved.