Get an email notification each time someone submits your typeform.
Typeform has two email notification systems: self notifications can be sent to any email address you choose, and respondent notifications go to the people who respond to your typeform. Both can be configured from your typeform’s Create panel.
How to use self notifications
Adding self notifications is easy. Follow these steps:
1. Open a typeform from your Workspace.
2. Now you’ll see the Create panel. On the left, there is a bell icon: click this to open notification options.
3. At the top of the notifications menu you can choose between self and respondent notifications. Choose self notifications.
4. Now you’ll see the following:
5. Add your email, or the address you want all notifications to be sent to, in the Send a notification to field.
Tips! You can also add email@example.com to this field to prevent notification emails from ending up in your spam folder.
Warning! The email field has a a character limit of 255. You cannot add more email addresses than can fit in this space.
6. The Reply to field can include an email collected in your typeform, but only if it has an Email block.
7. You can now choose what information to include in your self notification.
You can write any text you like in the Subject and Message fields, and also include answers from your typeform.
In the Subject or Message fields, click + to open the Recall Information dropdown menu, where you can find all of the below:
Tips! Don't forget to to click the Publish button to make sure that you receive your self notifications.
Note! You must republish the form after updating your notification settings for the changes to take effect.
What will my notification look like?
Here’s an example self notification email:
If you have a File Upload block, your notification will include a link to the file, but not the file itself. Unanswered questions will be displayed as “nonexistent-field”.
Warning! Notification emails are sent from Typeform’s notification email address. If you’d like to have a customized email address, you can connect your typeform to Zapier to have the emails sent from your Gmail account, for example. Please read more on advanced notification systems in this article.
Schedule regular email reports
If you don’t want a notification every time your typeform is completed, you can turn off self notifications, and set up a scheduled report using Digest by Zapier. Read more about Digest by Zapier on our blog, and our complete instructions to setting it up for your typeforms.