Where do you want your typeform’s data to be sent? Get every submission sent straight to a compatible web app or URL as soon as it’s submitted with Webhooks.
What is a Webhook?
In general terms, a Webhook is simply a notification sent over the web, which is triggered automatically whenever a specific event occurs.
In this case, the event is a new typeform submission. Whenever a new typeform submission comes in, a notification containing the response data is immediately sent to your chosen destination — the Webhook URL which you set in the configuration panel.
Typeform Webhook notifications are sent via HTTP POST request, and the request body (containing the response data) is in JSON format.
If you need to make a test URL – to collect test submissions – you can do this at https://requestbin.com.
1. Open your typeform from your Workspace.
2. Go to the Connect panel and click on the WEBHOOKS tab:
3. Click Add a webhook:
4. Enter a Destination URL. (This is where we will make HTTP POST requests to):
5. Now click Save webhook, and you’ll be taken back to the webhooks tab. By default your new webhook will be set to OFF until you turn it on by clicking the toggle.
6. To test your webhook, click the View deliveries button, followed by the Send test request button that appears:
Click REQUEST or RESPONSE to view requests or responses.
7. Click the X in the top right corner to return to the webhooks tab.
8. To edit your webhook, click the Edit button next to it:
9. A new window will appear where you can edit the Endpoint URL, add a Secret, toggle SSL verification and delete your webhook:
10. When you’ve finished editing your webhook, click Save changes to return to the webhooks tab.
Note! We store deliveries of webhooks for 30 days. Until April 2018 we stored them indefinitely, and while this change should not affect the set up of your webhooks, we think it’s important you’re aware of this change.