You can add images and animated GIFs to your questions, as well as to the Welcome screen and the Thank You screen. This will help you to brand up your typeforms with your own logos, design and photography. Be creative, it will improve people’s experience of your typeform!
Here we explain how to add media to your typeforms, going through the process of inserting images, and animated GIFs.
There are two ways to add images to your typeform: using our integrated Unsplash-powered library, or uploading your own (see stage 4 below). You can also set how they look using our layouts feature.
1. Click on any question you want an image to open the settings menu, then click Add next to Image or video:
2. Now you can immediately search for a picture via the Unsplash image library. Simply type in a search term, and scroll through the images until you find one you like. I’m looking for kittens:
3. Click the image you want, then the Continue button will become available. Click this and go to stage 5, below, to set your image layout.
4. To upload an image from your computer open the Question settings menu (click the little icon in the sidebar) and hit the ‘Add’ button in the Image section then either click Upload, or drag and drop an image into the Upload field:
The images that you use on your typeforms must comply with the following specifications:
- File format: JPEG, PNG, static and animated GIF (typeforms supports PNG files with transparent backgrounds).
- File size: 2MB maximum.
- Regarding image sizes, please refer to this article.
Tip! All the images you find with the Unsplash image search tool are free to use however you like. You can use them for private or commercial purposes. You have a non-exclusive copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, and use photos from the library, without the need for permission or attribution to the photographer (though giving credit is always appreciated).
Warning. You cannot edit or crop images with our tool. If you want to make changes to an image, you should edit it in another application, and then upload it again.
5. Now you can set the position of your image. You can choose between Stack, Float, Split and Background. The preview on the right shows you what your image will look like. Here's a GIF showing you the different image positions:
Warning! If the image uploaded is the same size as the screen, you cannot change its layout settings or adjust its size. To apply image settings, try using images of a different size.
When you're happy with your image position, click Apply, on the bottom left of the screen.
You can add animated GIFs to make your typeforms even more fun to complete.
When uploaded, your GIFs will be cropped to the same sizes as all other picture file formats.
Here is an example typeform full of fun animated GIFs!