You can download all your data to a spreadsheet in Excel (XLS) or CSV file formats. This is useful for doing further analysis, or for merging data from multiple typeforms.
How to download your results:
1. Open your typeform from your Workspace, and click on Results, then Responses:
2. Use the checkbox in the header row to select all responses, and click Download selected responses.
In the Inbox view, click Download all responses.
2. Now a window will pop up, offering the option to download your results in either CSV or XLS format. Choose the option you want, then click the Download button.
3. Your results file will be downloaded to your browser’s default download folder, unless you specify otherwise.
4. Alternatively, select only the results you want to download, by checking the individual responses you want to look at, then clicking Download selected responses.
In the Inbox view, you can use the Download button after selecting individual responses.
You can also search your results, and choose to download any results that match that search term:
5. Open your downloaded file in the application of your choice, like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel, and you’ll be able to view and study your results however you want.
Note! If you use a Yes/No question, results will appear as 1 for yes and 0 for no in the CSV/XLS file. Questions that cannot collect results are not shown. Therefore, Welcome and Thank You screens, Statement and Question Group titles do not appear in your results. Question Group sub-questions do appear (unless they are Statements).
If you have a File Upload question on your typeform, you can download all files people have sent you, by clicking the Download all responses button:
This option is not available if you are exporting selected results. If you want to download individual files, go to the Summary tab, scroll to your File Upload question, and click on the links you want to download:
Expecting thousands of responses?
If you are expecting thousands of results, we recommend setting up our Google Sheets integration, so you get all your results directly sent to a Google sheet. It can collect up to 2000 existing results from your typeform too!
If you have approaching 10,000 results, you may find the download responses feature gets very slow, or even crashes. We are working to improve this, but in the meantime, if you want to download a large number of results, you can filter them by question and download them in batches.
If all else fails, please contact us using the Contact Support button at the bottom of this page, and we’ll retrieve your results for you.
Export your results as PDF
We do not currently allow results to be exported as a PDF file directly. You can download your report, and then share it, as explained here.
Schedule regular email reports
You can schedule regular reports via email, using Digest by Zapier. Read our complete instructions to setting it up for your typeforms.