Promote your brand, business, or event by customizing your Typeform account’s unique name, which appears in your typeform URLs.
Jump to section:
- What’s my unique account name?
- What’s that random set of 6 characters at the end of the URL?
- How to edit my unique account name
- Can I exclude “typeform” from my URL?
- What happens to my live typeforms with the old name in their URL?
- What happens to my Zaps when I change the account name?
What’s my unique account name?
When you create your Typeform account, a unique account name is generated based on the alias (name) you signed up with. This name will then appear in the URL of all typeforms from that account.
For example, if you choose the name ‘Jonathan’ at signup, we assign the word Jonathan to your account. It will then appear after the https:// part of the URL of each of your typeform:
If the name ‘Jonathan’ is already taken by someone else, we add a number after the word, just like in this example:
What’s that random set of 6 characters at the end of the URL?
That is the Unique Identifier of your typeform:
This tells our system which typeform your URL will display. Never edit or exclude it from the typeform URL, or your typeform will not appear. Make sure you share the URL we provide under the Share panel of each typeform.
How to edit my unique account name
If you’d like to customize the account name in the URL you can do so. Just follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account, and click the circle in the top right corner. Then click the Settings link:
2. Now you’ll be able to see all your account information. You can see your typeform URL highlighted in the image below:
3. Click Edit your URL, which will open a new menu, where you can do just that:
Warning! Do not edit your URL and put a period in it, eg my.url.typeform.com, or my.name.typeform.com. A URL like this will trigger a browser security warning when people try to open your typeform.
4. Type in the new text you want, and click Save.
Warning! If the text chosen is already taken, you won’t be able to use it and you’ll be prompted to select another one. You can only have one name associated with a Typeform account. This means you cannot have multiple names for every single typeform in your account.
You can also check out this article to learn more about customizing your typeform URL.
Can I exclude “typeform” from my URL?
You cannot exclude “typeform” from the URL.
You can hide it using either of these two workarounds:
- Embed the typeform on your web page as a full page embed. You can then share the URL of that webpage (not including the word “typeform”). Read this article to learn more about embedding options: Embed a typeform.
- Use a URL shortening service such as Google URL shortener. This will generate a short link with a random string of characters and will hide the word “typeform”.
What happens to my live typeforms with the old name in their URL?
Worry not. Your live typeforms will keep on collecting responses with the old name in their URL. You can also redistribute the typeform with the new URL. Just grab the new URL from the Share panel of the typeform.
What happens to my Zaps when I change the account name?
When you edit your Typeform account name your Zaps will remain intact.