Promote your brand, business, or event by customizing your Typeform account’s unique name, which appears in your typeform URLs.
Jump to section:
- What’s my unique account name?
- What’s that random set of 6 characters at the end of the URL?
- How to edit my unique account name
- Can I exclude “typeform” from my URL?
- What happens to my live typeforms with the old name in their URL?
- What happens to my Zaps when I change the account name?
What’s my unique account name?
When you create your Typeform account, a standard subdomain is generated, which will then appear in the URL of all typeforms from that account. You can read more about standard and custom subdomains here.
If you're on a paid plan, you can create a custom subdomain for your Typeform account. For example, you can choose the name ‘Jonathan’ as your custom subdomain, and it will appear after the https:// part of the URL of each of your typeforms:
If the name ‘Jonathan’ is already taken by someone else, you can add a number after the word, just like in this example:
What’s that random set of 6 characters at the end of the URL?
That is the Unique Identifier of your typeform:
This tells our system which typeform your URL will display. Never edit or exclude it from the typeform URL, or your typeform will not appear. Make sure you share the URL we provide under the Share panel of each typeform.
How to edit my unique account name
If you’d like to customize the account name in the URL you can do so. Just follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account, and click the circle in the top right corner. Then click the Settings link:
2. Now you’ll be able to see all your account information, including your Typeform URL. Click Edit URL, which will open a new menu, where you can do just that:
3. If you're on a Free plan, choose a Standard subdomain:
Note! If you're on a Free plan, you'll only be able to see the standard subdomain options in your account.
4. If you're on a paid plan, select a Custom subdomain:
Note! Your Custom subdomain must be between 2 and 20 characters long, it cannot contain special characters, like symbols, and it cannot be a subdomain already in use or a blacklisted subdomain.
Note! Updating the subdomain also changes the links to your published typeforms. We will redirect your respondents to your new URL, and they will see a message about this. We recommend where possible updating the typeform links you have shared.
Note! If you downgrade to a Free plan, your typeforms with a custom subdomain will switch to the standard form.typeform.com subdomain. To use a custom subdomain again, you can upgrade to a paid plan.
Warning! Do not edit your URL and put a period in it, eg my.url.typeform.com, or my.name.typeform.com. A URL like this will trigger a browser security warning when people try to open your typeform.
Warning! If the text chosen is already taken, you won’t be able to use it and you’ll be prompted to select another one. You can only have one name associated with a Typeform account. This means you cannot have multiple names for every single typeform in your account.
You can read more about what a custom subdomain is in this article.
Can I exclude “typeform” from my URL?
You cannot exclude “typeform” from the URL.
You can hide it using either of these two workarounds:
- Embed the typeform on your web page as a full page embed. You can then share the URL of that webpage (not including the word “typeform”). Read this article to learn more about embedding options: Embed a typeform.
- Use a URL shortening service such as Google URL shortener. This will generate a short link with a random string of characters and will hide the word “typeform”.
What happens to my live typeforms with the old name in their URL?
Worry not. Your live typeforms will keep on collecting responses with the old name in their URL. Your responders will see a screen like the one below, with a button redirecting them to the new address:
You can also redistribute the typeform with the new URL. Just grab the new URL from the Share panel of the typeform.
What happens to my Zaps when I change the account name?
When you edit your Typeform account name your Zaps will remain intact.